How to Properly Clean the V-Tex Leatherette in your Volkswagen
- June 22, 2018
- volkswagen, volkswagen greensboro, volkswagen repair
- Posted by eurobahnnc
- Leave your thoughts
Who does not want their Volkswagen look shiny and new on the outside, but what about the inside? If you want your car look beautiful inside out, take advantage of these helpful tips and tricks on how to keep your Volskwagen’s interior clean and in great shape.
Volkswagen Repair Greensboro NC
What is V-Tex Leatherette Seating:
The leather seating of a Volkswagen is usually made of a special kind of leather compound that was particularly made with Volkswagen drivers in mind. V-Tex Leatherette exudes the look and feel of leather while offering more durability and requiring less care at ta fraction of the price of real leather. You can easily clean the leatherette seating as spills may not soak into the material as quickly. You can also get the job done by seeking Volkswagen service.
Do’s and Don’ts of Cleaning Volkswagen V-Tex Leatherette Seating:
To clean your leatherette seats, it is often recommended to use the two bucket method. All you need is utilizing one bucket of soapy water and one bucket of clean water.
- Grab the soft wash rag and dip in the soapy water. Be sure to squeeze the excess water from the towel.
- Gently clean the seats, taking extra care to get into cracks and hard-to-reach surfaces.
- After you have cleaned with soapy water, dunk the towel into the clean water.
- Squeeze the excess water and repeat the process. This will remove any extra soap residue from the seats.
- Get the job done by taking a new towel and drying the damp areas.
- Be sure to use leather care agents like 3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer every 6 months to treat the leather and keep it looking and feeling great.
- Avoid using a hard bristled brush on your seats because it can damage the leather.
- Never use sharp items into the table, as tools like pocket knives or pens can puncture the leather and leave irrereversible danage.
- Don’t let the sun fade your leather or leatherette. Use a sunshade when parking outside to keep the sun rays affecting learher seat.
If you do not have that much time, hand this task off to a Volkswagen repair Greensboro NC expert. They will take care of the entire assignment with personalized care and attention.