BMW at the 88th Geneva International Motor Show 2018.
- February 21, 2018
- bmw, Uncategorized
- Posted by Eurobahn BMW MINI Mercedes-Benz Audi
- Leave your thoughts
- World premiere for the new BMW X4: New edition of the first Sports Activity Coupe at the premium end of the mid-size class, of which more than 200,000 have been sold worldwide; expressive, now even more unique, design; premium interior ambience is striking in a sporty way; state-of-the-art driver assistance systems and latest BMW ConnectedDrive functions; significantly enhanced driving dynamics thanks to equipment including M Sport suspension, variable sport steering and M Sport brakes; two BMW M Performance models with six-cylinder in-line engines and M Sport differential in the line-up.
- Show premiere in Europe for the new BMW X2: Compact Sports Activity Coupe with standalone design combining sporting elegance with the rugged character familiar from BMW X models; efficient engines combine with six-speed manual gearbox, seven-speed dual-clutch Steptronic transmission or eight-speed Steptronic transmission; sporty suspension set-up; latest BMW ConnectedDrive Services, wide range of driver assistance systems and BMW Head-Up Display with projection onto the windscreen available as options.
- European premiere for the new BMW M3 CS (fuel consumption combined: 8.5 l/100 km [33.2 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 198 g/km): Limited-run special-edition variant of the high-performance sedan with increased output, bespoke suspension details and exclusive equipment; BMW M GmbH builds on its 30-year tradition of alluring special-edition models based on the BMW M3 and with particularly strong motor sport inspiration; six-cylinder in-line engine with BMW M TwinPower Turbo technology and 338 kW/460 hp, M Driver’s Package, Adaptive M suspension and cup tyres fitted as standard.
- Show premiere in Europe for the new BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and new BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer: extensively updated premium compact models in the Sports Activity Tourer segment; precisely modified design, further developed powertrain technology, innovative connectivity technology from BMW ConnectedDrive; successful vehicle concept combines spatial functionality and comfort with the brand’s familiar sportiness; BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer can also be specified as a seven‑seater, BMW 2 Series Active Tourer also available in a plug-in hybrid variant.
- Show premiere in Europe for the new BMW i8 Roadster (fuel consumption combined: 2.1 l/100 km [134.5 mpg imp]; power consumption combined: 14.5 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 46 g/km) and new BMW i8 Coupe (fuel consumption combined: 1.9 l/100 km [148.7 mpg imp]; power consumption combined: 14.0 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 42 g/km): Captivating appeal of the pioneering and world’s most successful plug-in hybrid sports car can now also be experienced with the roof down; BMW i8 Roadster features specific suspension set-up, gullwing doors, a windscreen frame made from carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) and an electrically operated soft-top; both models feature further developed BMW eDrive technology delivering enhanced dynamics and an even more intensive electric driving experience.
- BMW i has a fine record of success: More than 100,000 vehicles with either pure-electric or plug-in hybrid drive systems from the BMW i, BMW iPerformance and MINI brands sold in 2017; BMW i among the global leaders in electric mobility; BMW Group tops the registration rankings for electrified vehicles in Europe with a market share of 21 per cent; BMW Group has a worldwide market share of 10 per cent and is also one of the global leaders; BMW i enjoys a standout position as a successful systems supplier and provider of mobility services across the electric mobility sphere.
Further information on official fuel consumption figures, specific CO2 emission values and the electric power consumption of new passenger cars is included in the following guideline: ‘Leitfaden über Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen’ (Guideline for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption of new passenger cars), which can be obtained free of charge from all dealerships and at http://www.dat.de/en/offers/publications/guideline-for-fuel-consumption.html.
CONSUMPTION AND EMISSION DATA.
BMW M3 CS (fuel consumption combined: 8.5 l/100 km [33.2 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 198 g/km)
BMW i8 Roadster (fuel consumption combined: 2.1 l/100 km [134.5 mpg imp]; power consumption combined: 14.5 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 46 g/km)
BMW i8 Coupe (fuel consumption combined: 1.9 l/100 km [148.7 mpg imp]; power consumption combined: 14.0 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 42 g/km)
CONTACT. BMW Greensboro